Greater Toledo Home GiveawayOfficial Raffle Rules
Void where prohibited by law. Subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations, and ordinances. The Greater Toledo Home Giveaway (the “Raffle”) begins on November 22, 2023, at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”), and ends on May 31, 2024, at 11:59 p.m. ET, or if earlier, once 10,000 tickets have been sold (the “Raffle Period”). During the Raffle Period, there will be three (3) Early Bird Drawings and one (1) Grand Prize Drawing. Each Early Bird Drawing will be made from among all tickets purchased cumulatively through the deadline established for that drawing. The Grand Prize Drawing will be made from among all tickets purchased cumulatively over the entire Raffle Period.
1. Eligibility: To enter the Raffle, you must (a) be a legal U.S. resident, and an individual at least 18 years old as of the date of entry, (b) purchase at least one (1) $100 Raffle ticket, and (c) be physically present in the State of Ohio to complete your ticket purchase. There is no free method of entry. The following are ineligible to win: (i) current employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor, of Savage and Associates, Inc. (including its independent agents) (“Savage”), of Carter Lumber, of Mavallino Homes, of WTVG 13, of The Appliance Center, of Mosley Glick O’Brien, Inc., or of Marshall & Melhorn, LLC; (ii) public officials (defined below), and (iii) members of any of immediate families of anyone described in (a)-(c) above (spouses, parents, siblings and children, regardless of where they live) and those living in the same household are not eligible to enter or win.
As used herein, “public official” means an elected official, or candidate for elective office, or an appointed official or employee, of a federal, state, or local government with jurisdiction over all or part of the State of Ohio, who has voting, executive, or policymaking authority over matters involving Sponsor or Savage.
Subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations, and ordinances. Void where prohibited by law. Purchase of a ticket constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Raffle. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of winners.
2. Sponsor: The Raffle sponsor (“Sponsor”) is Greater Toledo Home Giveaway, LLC, an Ohio limited liability company, 655 Beaver Creek Circle, Maumee, Ohio 43537. Sponsor is a disregarded entity whose sole member is Savage & Associates Foundation, Inc., an Ohio nonprofit corporation, and Section 501(c)(3) public charity. According to IRS guidance, amounts paid for raffle tickets are NOT tax-deductible as charitable contributions.
3. To Enter: To enter, you must purchase at least one (1) $100 Raffle ticket within the State of Ohio. Each ticket constitutes one (1) entry. You may either (a) purchase a ticket in person from an authorized agent of Seller, or (b) register on this website www.toledohomegiveaway.com to purchase a ticket online. Tickets purchased online may either be mailed to you at an Ohio address, or picked up in person at 655 Beaver Creek Circle, Maumee, Ohio 43537. If mailed, your ticket is deemed valid from the date of mailing. If picked up in person, your ticket is not deemed valid until you pick it up. Tickets that are not picked up are ineligible for drawings, and tickets that are not picked up by the end of the Raffle Period are deemed abandoned and the purchase price deemed a charitable contribution to Sponsor.
Sponsor may use your personal information submitted with entry solely for purposes of prize verification and fulfillment and/or for future messages by Sponsor, such as to notify you of future raffles. Sponsor will not sell your personal information to outside solicitors, or share it with any third party for any other purpose. This paragraph is not intended to constitute a waiver of the FTC “do not call” list or the waiver of any privacy right that would constitute legal consideration.
4. Selection of Winners: As a Raffle, drawings are made by selecting a ticket stub at random from among the stubs of all eligible tickets. The odds of winning an early bird drawing are based on the number of Raffle tickets purchased through the deadline for that early bird drawing. The odds of winning the grand prize are based on the number of Raffle tickets purchased throughout the entire Raffle Period; provided, however, that no more than 10,000 tickets will be sold for the Raffle.
Within 2 weeks after each drawing deadline, Sponsor will select a list of potential finalists in a random drawing from among all entries received for such drawing. The prize winner will the first finalist on the list whose eligibility is verified by Sponsor.
Each drawing of potential winners may or may not be conducted at a public event. If a public event is held, Sponsor may instead verify in advance the eligibility of a group of finalists drawn at random from among all eligible entries, then select the winner(s) in a random drawing from among that group in a live drawing. The potential winners need not be present at any such selection or public event.
Potential winners will be notified by email and/or telephone (in Sponsor’s discretion) within 1 week after each drawing deadline. The deadline for response is 1 week. If the potential winner cannot be contacted using the contact information given at initial registration, or does not respond in a timely manner after Sponsor’s attempts to contact him/her, then that potential winner forfeits the prize, and Sponsor will contact the next alternate potential winner selected by Sponsor. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, then Sponsor will award the applicable prize to the next alternate potential winner selected by Sponsor sequentially from the list of alternate potential winners randomly selected by Sponsor for such drawing.
5. Verification of Potential Winners: All potential WINNERS are subject to verification by Sponsor, whose decisions are final AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE PROMOTION. An entrant is not a winner of any prize unless and until entrant’s eligibility HAS been verified and entrant has been notified that verification is complete.
6. Drawing Deadlines:
The entry periods and deadlines for each of the Raffle drawings are on the following dates:
|Entry Period Begins (12:01 a.m. Eastern Time)
|Entry Deadline (11:59 PM Eastern Time)
|November 20, 2023
|December 31, 2023
|First Early Bird Prize
|November 20, 2023
|February 28, 2024
|Second Early Bird Prize
|November 20, 2023
|April 15, 2024
|Third Early Bird Prize
|November 20, 2023
|May 31, 2024, or when 10,000 tickets have been sold, whichever is sooner
|One (1) First Early Bird Prize
|$2,500 Visa gift card. Approximate retail value (“ARV”): $2,500
|One (1) Second Early Bird Prize
|$5,000 Visa gift card. ARV: $5,000
|One (1) Third Early Bird Prize
|$10,000 furniture shopping spree at The Appliance Center. ARV: $10,000
|One (1) Grand Prize
|Single-level newly constructed ranch home with attached garage. Three bedroom 2,301 sq ft. ARV: $676,000 (the winner will be responsible for some closing costs related to the transfer of the home).
Alternatively, the winner may choose a cash prize of $250,000 after tax (taxes to be determined at the time that this election is made).
|Total ARV of all Prizes
|ARV: $693,500 (assuming the winner chooses the home)
Sponsor reserves the right to add additional drawings and prizes during the Raffle.
8. Prize Restrictions: Any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes and all fees and expenses related to acceptance and use of prizes are the sole responsibility of the individual prize winner. Potential winners are required to visit Sponsor’s offices in person, and to submit valid identification, an affidavit of eligibility and a valid Form W‑9 to Sponsor. Sponsor will issue a Form 1099‑MISC to each prize winner for the prize value. Prizes may not be transferred. Sponsor reserves the right to make equivalent prize substitutions at its sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes.
9. General Conditions: This Raffle is governed by the laws of the State of Ohio and the United States. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Raffle, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Raffle, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor, and their respective agents are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, misdirected, or illegible tickets; lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, garbled transmissions or miscommunications, telephone transmission problems; computer or software malfunctions or damage to a user’s computer equipment (software or hardware); technical failures; or other errors or malfunctions of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, or otherwise. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS PROMOTION OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual Sponsor finds to be attempting to tamper with or undermine the entry process, Sponsor’s website, and/or the legitimate operation of the Raffle; to violate the Official Rules; or to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Raffle and refund purchased tickets upon request if fewer than 5,000 tickets are sold during the Raffle period. If, for any reason, the Raffle is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, void any suspect entries and (a) cancel or terminate the Raffle (or any portion thereof); (b) modify the Raffle or suspend the Raffle to address the impairment and then resume the Raffle in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (c) award the applicable prizes at random from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right to amend or clarify these rules by publishing the latest version on its website and/or requiring “click-through” acceptance of the new rules, and purchasing a ticket after the date of publication constitutes acceptance of the latest version.
10. Release and Limitations of Liability: By purchasing a ticket and participating in the Raffle, you agree that Sponsor, and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, web site providers, web masters, and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (the “Released Parties”) are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Raffle; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Raffle; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Raffle or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from your participation in the Raffle or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason your ticket stub is confirmed to have been erroneously lost, damaged, or otherwise destroyed, your sole remedy is to be issued another ticket in the Raffle. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. If production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, then Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
BY PURCHASING A TICKET AND PARTICIPATING IN THE RAFFLE, YOU AGREE THAT THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF ALL OF THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND YOU SHALL HOLD THEM HARMLESS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF ANY PRIZE, ENTRY, OR PARTICIPATION IN THE RAFFLE OR ANY RAFFLE-RELATED ACTIVITY, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. TO THE EXTENT THE PRECEDING RELEASE OF LIABILITY MAY BE UNENFORCEABLE FOR ANY REASON, THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES TO A TICKET PURCHASER WILL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT SUCH PURCHASER PAID FOR THE AFFECTED TICKET(S).
FURTHER, BY PURCHASING A TICKET AND PARTICIPATING IN THE RAFFLE, YOU AGREE THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES, DAMAGES, OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, OR TO PROPERTY ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO AND USE OF SPONSOR’S WEBSITES OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SUCH SITES. THE RELEASE IN THIS PARAGRAPH MAY BE LIMITED BY APPLICABLE STATE LAW
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THE RAFFLE, INCLUDING SPONSOR’S WEBSITES AND ALL PRIZES, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
11. Publicity. EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, IF YOU ARE A WINNER, YOU GRANT TO SPONSOR (WHICH YOU WILL CONFIRM IN WRITING ON REQUEST OF SPONSOR), SPONSOR’S SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, RETAILERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, SUPPLIERS, AND THOSE ACTING PURSUANT TO ITS AUTHORITY, THE RIGHT AND PERMISSION TO PRINT, PUBLISH, BROADCAST, AND USE, WORLDWIDE IN ANY MEDIA NOW KNOWN OR HEREAFTER DEVELOPED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WORLD WIDE WEB, AT ANY TIME OR TIMES, YOUR NAME, PORTRAIT, PICTURE, VOICE, LIKENESS, AND BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION FOR ADVERTISING, TRADE, AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES (INCLUDING THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF YOUR NAME ON TELEVISION OR RADIO BROADCAST) WITHOUT ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATION, COMPENSATION, PERMISSION, OR NOTIFICATION. ENTRANTS AGREE THAT SPONSOR SHALL OWN THE ENTRIES, WHICH WILL NOT BE ACKNOWLEDGED OR RETURNED, AND THAT SPONSOR AND ITS DESIGNEES SHALL HAVE THE PERPETUAL, WORLDWIDE RIGHT TO EDIT, PUBLISH, AND USE THE ENTRIES IN ANY WAY AND IN ANY MEDIA FOR TRADE, ADVERTISING, PROMOTIONAL, AND/OR OTHER PURPOSES AS SPONSOR AND/OR ITS DESIGNEES MAY DETERMINE WITHOUT FURTHER CONSIDERATION TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY.
12. Disputes. Except where prohibited, you agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Raffle or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio, Western Division or the Court of Common Pleas of Lucas County, Ohio, or by the Ohio Court of Claims, whichever court has appropriate jurisdiction; and (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Raffle, but in no event attorneys’ fees. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Raffle, shall be governed by Ohio law, without reference to conflict of law principles.
14. Official Rules and Winners List: For a copy of the Official Rules, visit www.toledohomegiveaway.com/rules. Prize winners will be published within a reasonable time after each prize is awarded, at toledohomegiveaway.com.
©2023 Greater Toledo Home Giveaway, LLC. All trademarks used in the Raffle are, as applicable, property of Sponsor or their respective owners, and used with permission. All rights reserved.
Version Date: September 25, 2023